Scholarships and Financial Support
Daito Bunka University Scholarship for Financial Support (Scholarship for 2016 [Reference Only])
Scholarships are available for first-year students who demonstrate both remarkable results in their entrance examinations or remarkable artistic, cultural, or other achievements, and high moral character, and who are deemed to become an example to other students. Also, scholarships are available for second-year students who demonstrate both remarkable academic achievements or remarkable artistic, cultural, or other achievements, and high moral character, and who are deemed to have become an example to other students.
Daito Bunka University scholarship students
|Scholarship (non-repayable)||Available for 1st year students||300,000 yen|
|Available for 2nd year students or above||200,000 yen|
|International student scholarship (non-repayable) Available for international||students of all years||185,000 yen|
|Special academic support scholarship||As needed||300,000 yen|
Scholarships related to overseas study
Besides the above scholarship systems, a system for granting scholarships (up to 1,200,000 yen/student) to graduate students who wish to study abroad for one year at universities, research institutions, and so on, who have been accepted by Daito Bunka University. Credits earned during overseas study will be transfered as Daito-equivalent credits.
Tuition Fee Exemption
For those who were Daito Bunka University students such as those who graduated from faculties of Daito Bunka University, when one of the following criteria is applicable, tuition or other fees can be exempted if they apply for exemption.
- Exemption from entrance fees, and others (for applicants who graduated from Daito Bunka University, completed their programs, or left school five years ago or less)
1．When those who graduated from faculties of or completed programs of Daito Bunka University go to the Graduate Schools of Daito Bunka University
2．When those who left the Graduate Schools of Daito Bunka University once are re-admitted to the Graduate Schools of Daito Bunka University
- When a student who was enrolled in a doctor's program of the Graduate Schools of Daito Bunka University for three years or longer and left school after completing the required number of credits is going to be enrolled again to receive research supervision for a thesis, a half of his or her tuition fee and his or her entire education enrichment fee and research fee can be exempted.
In principle, this exemption is valid for one year, and can be renewed only once.
Daito Bunka University introduces public loan systems to students as educational loans. At the same time, in cooperation with some city banks and credit companies, for students experiencing difficulties in continuing their studies due to economic reasons, the university offers the "Daito Bunka University Educational Loans" system, which gives their guardians low interest loans covering entrance fees and tuition fees.
* Note that the use of any of these educational loans does not mean that your enrollment deadline can be postponed.
* The fees required for your enrollment must be paid within the specified term of enrollment. So, if you are going to use a loan, apply for it early.
* It takes about two weeks before you receive a loan after applying for it. If you are thinking about using a loan such as an educational loan, check with the relevant support desk to obtain information such as the application flow.
Daito Bunka University Educational Loans
Loans in cooperation with banks
This "education loan" system is intended for the guardians of enrolling and enrolled students. Loans with low interest rates can be given.
|Loan amount||100,000 yen to 5,000,000 yen|
|Loan period||1 year to 10 years|
|Payments||Equal monthly payments with interest (payment at bonus season can be combined)|
◆ Cooperating bank/Support desk
|Mizuho Bank||Shimura branch Tel: 03-3966-125303-3966-1253|
|Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation||Takashimadaira branch Tel: 03-3935-271403-3935-2714|
Loans in cooperation with credit companies
This "education loan" system is intended for the guardians of enrolling and enrolled students. If you want to use an educational loan, apply for a loan at the time of application (no need to apply at a credit company office), and after passing the exam, submit the required documents (a copy of admission notice and a copy of transfer request). Compared to ordinary financial institutions, credit companies offer an installment system that can be used with a easier procedure.
Note that tuition fees and other fees will be paid to Daito Bunka University directly by credit companies.
* If you apply on-line, your loan application is processed more quickly than when you apply by sending documents by mail.
* Loan amount: A sum of the fees for the graduate school, program, and master's/doctor's program the applicant enrolls in
* Also available is an installment method with a grace period that requires payment of only handling charges during school years.
◆ Cooperating credit company/Support desk
|Orient Corporation||School Expenses Support Desk Tel: 0120-517-3250120-517-325|
|Cedyna Financial Corporation||Tokyo Sales Division Tel: 03-3346-082703-3346-0827|
JFC Educational Loan
This is a public system for financing money necessary for education, and it is also intended for law schools and professional graduate schools. For details, contact your nearest JFC branch or the JFC Call Center.
|Loan amount (general education loan)||Up to 3,500,000|
|Repayment period||Up to 15 years in principle|
◆ Japan Finance Corporation/Contact point
|Japan Finance Corporation||Educational Loan Call Center Nation-wide common (Navi Dial) Tel: 0570-0086560570-008656|