the Global navigation

Student Life


the body

Certificate of Eligibility for New Students

Daito Bunka University will apply to Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau for your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) and it will be sent to your home address or your home university as soon as it is issued. Upon receiving the CoE you can apply for a college student visa to the nearest embassy of Japan or Consulate-General of Japan. If you arrive in Japan without a college student visa, you will have to go through a complicated procedure in order to change your status to a college student. Please be sure to bring a “college student” visa when you come to Japan. Please inquire at an overseas embassy of Japan or consular offices for other details.

Re-Entry Permit

When you would like to leave Japan for a short period of time, for example, during a vacation, please let the office know in advance. You should get a RE-ENTRY PERMIT to Japan from the Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau before leaving Japan. If you leave without getting this permit, you have to get a Certificate of Eligibility and apply for a student visa in your country again.

Part-time Job

Since your status of residence is "college student," while you stay in Japan, you are expected to be engaged only in activities as a students, such as study and research. If you do wish to do part-time job such as teaching, you must obtain a ‘Shikakugai Katsudo Kyokasyou’ permit from the Tokyo Regional Bureau. This allows you to work up to 28 hours per week during semester time, and up to 8 hours per day during a vacation. This permit will be issued between 2 weeks to a month after application. There are no guarantees that you will find work even though you have the permission. So it is important that you bring money or send by bank transfer to spend some month when you come to Japan (approximately 100,000 yen to 150,000 yen).

Limitations on activity locations
Foreign nationals may not engage in aforementioned activities at the following locations: Business sites where adult entertainment business or store-type adult entertainment special business is carried on; or business sites where non store-type adult entertainment business, visual-transmitting-type adult entertainment business, store-type telephone-based dating service, or non store-type telephone-based dating service is carried on.