Mission of Education and Research and Basic Policies (Three Policies)
Education Studies Master's Program
Educational and Research Purposes
The Education Studies Master's Program offered by the Graduate School of Literature aims to develop researchers in education studies or teachers equipped with research capabilities based on a broad perspective and high-level expert vocational skills who can contribute to society.
Diploma Policy (Principle of Degree Conferment)
For the Education Studies Master's Program offered by the Graduate School of Literature, students who have completed the required number of credits, submitted master's theses that satisfy the examination criteria defined in the internal rules related to the program, and meet the following requirements are awarded a master's degree (Education Studies).
- Students have acquired a deep knowledge in each specialized field such as education studies and psychology, and are equipped with research capabilities in their specialized fields.
- Students are equipped with excellent capabilities for being engaged in education-related jobs that require high-level expertise.
- Students can study with high ethical standards and a strong sense of responsibility and conduct research responding to the cohabitation of man and nature.
Curriculum Policy (Principle of Curriculum Formation and Implementation)
For the Education Studies Master's Program offered by the Graduate School of Literature, with the Diploma Policy in mind, the curriculum is formed based on the following principles.
- Students select one of the three fields, namely Education Philosophy and System, Teaching and Learning, and Cognition and Development, complete seminar courses related to that field as compulsory courses. (Determining a specialized field)
- Students receive research guidance by instructors in the selected field for two years. (Thorough research guidance)
- All students take introductory courses (Comprehensive Study I and II) as compulsory courses. (Invitation to research)
- The curriculum is provided in such a way that among various related courses, courses that suit individual students' needs can be selected and completed. (Acquisition of a wide perspective and high-level expertise)
Admission Policy (Principle of Student Admission)
Based on the Diploma Policy and Curriculum Policy, the Education Studies Master's Program offered by the Graduate School of Literature seeks applicants who have a certain level of knowledge of education, and a strong interest in and motivation for education studies described as follows.
- Those who graduated from such departments or faculties as the Education department, aiming to become researchers in education studies or advising teachers.
- Those who are currently working as teachers and aim to deepen research on education for career advancement.
- Those who are members of the community or local residents and aim to become leaders in education-related activities or business.
- Those who are international students and determined to conduct high-level research on or practice education in Japan or the countries they come from.